This is a very basic Map Making tutorial, which will explain how to successfully create a car in the map and make it move somewhere
First off, build a taskforce.
- Go to Edit -----> Taskforces
- Now click on the above Add
- Change the name to suit what you want, however what will get referenced is the HEX ID
- Now, click on the below Add. You will see a line in the middle that says 1 GI.
- To modify this, look for the below drop boxes and text box. Choose the number of units, and the type of units.
- Once you have what you want, go to Edit ------> Scripts
- Now click on Add
- You wil have a new ID, name the script as you want.
- Now select add (below)
- Click on the dropbox, and select Move To Waypoint.
You will see a parameter box below, the parameter is in this case, where the car will move. The parameter must be a valid numerical waypoint, or it will cause an Internal Error, and eventually crash the game. To mark up a new waypoint, go to the editor main screen, to the tree of options to the left side, click on Waypoints, and then Add New waypoints (Remember that in multiplayer maps, Waypoints 0-7 are reserved for player locations. be sure not using any of these at all for this kind of idea, and make sure you dont create these if they arent needed)
Once you have set the number of waypoint you just created, go to Edit ----> Teams
Click on New, name it, and check Autocreate below. Look at the dropboxes. Where it says Taskforce, select the one you made above, same goes for script. On waypoint, write the waypoint in which you want the units spawned at. And be sure, that in the House dropboix, you have chosen Civilian
Now create a trigger to fire it:
- Go to Edit -----> Trigger Editor
- Click on New Trigger, and name it as you wish, on Owner, choose Civilian
- Go to events, Click on New Event and choose when you want it t happen. As example, lets use when 20 seconds have passed. Select Event 13 and as parameter (box below) write 20
- Go to Actions, click on New Action, and select Action 80. This action spawns a teamtype at the specified waypoint. Select the team type as first parameter (the one u made above) and then select waypoint (should be same as set in the Team, or glitches can occur). Once thats done, Save the map
Once you run the game, and after 20 seconds, a car should appear where you specified and move where you specified.